Viewer Response #1
Hey all! Got an email and wanted to respond to the viewer. Of course I will not be revealing who it is from. The summarized version of the email was “how do I get six pack abs?” and “how do I lose the last 10?”.
Those are two very important questions to know the answers to in the fitness world. They really keep you in check when you let yourself go. First I’ll answer them bluntly.
1) Minimal body fat with the understanding you have ab muscles already there.
2) Crank up the metabolism and hit the ground running.
To achieve minimal body fat you have to put less fat through your system. I didn’t say to starve yourself though. In fact, experts (keyword: experts) say that at most you should lose two pounds per week and they are right. Any more than that you risk putting off your sleep schedule and energy levels. Granted, some can go a little more but 2 is a good ballpark max to go by. It’s a tricky subject.
That’s not all though. You also have to burn the fat that is already there. The best way to do that is cardio. Weight lifting will help too but cardio will smelt it away. You have got to be eating right. If you don’t eat right your body goes into survival mode and holds on to the fat that is already there. It will become harder and harder to burn off. Have you ever tried to pull apart two really tiny but really strong magnets? It sucks because it takes so much energy. That’s what your body is doing. It doesn’t want to give up the fat because it is important. It burns other resources like sugar and etc. first.
So, looping back to before, here are some tips for you.
1) Less fat through the system
2) Drink loads of water and water only. Get a nalgene water bottle and don’t let it leave your side. They are 10 dollars and well worth it.
3) 30 minutes or cardio in the morning when you wake up. On an empty stomach too. Then have breakfast with loads of water.
4) Sleep well. 8 hours please.
5) If you aren’t doing compound movements or isolation for the abs do them. Otherwise keep up with them.
Doing all of this will bring your body fat down each day little by little. 2 weeks and I bet they will be there (considering you asked me how to lose the last 10). If could be a week though you never know. Either way you’ll need to be under 10% but more realistically 8% to have those 6 pack abs be visible all the time.
Know your body type though. 6 pack abs aren’t for everyone and that is ok. If you dont want to be under 10% body fat for whatever reason that is fine. 10% body fat is very healthy.
Hit me up on twitter if you have more questions my username is
Good luck ya’ll!